Volunteer for campaigns including Barack Obama for President, Das Williams for CA State Assembly, Cathy Murillo for City Council, David Landecker for City Council, Helene Schneider for Mayor. Volunteer activities included canvassing, phone banking, fundraising, precinct captain training, leadership team coordination, songwriting, flash mob production.
Political Party Participation
- Democratic National Convention Delegate (2008)
- CA Democratic Convention Delegate (2010-12)
- Santa Barbara County Democratic Central Committee Member and Grassroots Organizing Committee Member (2009-2012)
Community Organizing & Engagement
- Santa Barbara Progressive Coalition Leadership Team
- LGBTQ community engagement: LGBT Community Collaborative of the Central Coast, Salon Q, Lose Your Appetite for Hate, PPF Transition Committee
- Fund for Santa Barbara Board member (2008-2014, president 2013)
- Santa Barbara County Commission for Women (2013-14)
- Training for SB Police on LGBTQ issues (collaborated on training design and facilitation)
- Just Communities facilitator
I conduct policy-relevant research about LGBTQ issues that informs policy makers about issues such as sexual orientation change efforts, preparation of mental health and law enforcement professionals to work with LGBTQ communities, and mental health issues for bisexuals. Invited presenter at Congressional briefing on the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act. Invited participant to the first White House Bisexual Community Policy Briefing. Advocate for other issues, including opposition to the Santa Barbara gang injunction.